We look for anything you might think is fun, interesting, beautiful, new, old or odd. Vintage and almost new clothes, ceramics, treen, ephemera, books and costume jewellery. If it fits in a box, we'll sell it.

Monday 6 January 2014

Vintage Handpainted Cup or Creamer - Enoch Boulton?



I am doubly puzzled by this. It's definitely vintage, possibly 50s or 60s or even earlier and it's hand painted, however we've been unable to decipher the signature although I'm pretty certain it's a B at the start but after I'm clueless. I think it's "Boulton". If so, is it Enoch Boulton? Did he do anything as subdued as these pretty blue and brown leaves with their raised dots? Also, I'm pretty certain it's a coffee cup but Zoe, my partner, thinks it's a jug. In excellent condition although as I'm sure you're aware, I cannot guarantee anything so I am always grateful for any help.

10cm x 9cm max diameter
 
View here for further information.

No comments: