We look for anything you might think is fun, interesting, beautiful, new, old or odd. Vintage and almost new clothes, ceramics, treen, ephemera, books and costume jewellery. If it fits in a box, we'll sell it.

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Antique Treacle Glazed Milk Jug - Staffordshire?



SOLD

Very nice treacle glazed earthenware milk jug, possibly from Staffordshire or the Derbyshire potteries. It has two bands of dots around it and stepped sides. I can't make out the name on the base but "Fire" is just discernible, as is "British" but no amount of magnification or tampering with the pictures has revealed any more. I do though believe I have encountered one before and feel I really ought to know the name as I do this for a living! I also suspect it's around 100 years old; the glaze and design suggesting such, although as always I am open to correction and clarification. Bar a little barely visible crazing it's in excellent condition.

12.5cm (h) x 15cm (across handle)

View here for further information.

No comments: